My Review of BeautyCounter’s Countertime Regimen
About eight weeks ago I decided I really wanted to dedicate time to a skincare routine. I’m in my mid-twenties now and skincare is essential to keep up with as I get older. I always strive to start good habits while I am still young so that I can carry them with me throughout my life. I also felt like I was the only woman in America without a set routine! Every time I logged onto any social media platform I was bombarded with advertisements for cleaners, creams, serums, etc., and I felt like it was my turn to join the party.
In my quest for a skincare routine, I knew I wanted to stick with a “cleaner” option. About a year ago I tried Beautycounter for the first time and really enjoyed the products I ordered. Not only were they of great quality, but I love Beautycounter’s dedication to clean makeup.
So, I reached out to my Beautycounter consultant for advice. She asked me some questions about my general skin type and suggested some options. I wound up ordering the Countertime Regimen, and that’s what I’m going to be reviewing here today. I initially purchased the mini Countertime Regimen set to try it all out before I dedicated myself to the routine, but that option is now sold out online. The regiment includes the Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil, the Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence, the Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum, the Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream, and the Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream.
I do want to make one thing clear before I start this review: I am in no way a medical professional. I always suggest reaching out to a doctor or other trusted source before trying anything new for/with your body. Every person is different, and what works for some people might not work for others. Skincare is such a touchy and delicate topic for so many people, and doing your own research with a medical professional is probably a good idea before jumping into any new routine.
So, let’s get started!
It’s probably important to talk about why I reached for the Countertime Regimen over some other options.
First, my skin ranges from oily to dry. There are some days I wake up looking super oily, and other days when my skin is dry and chapped. I was looking for something that would not dry my skin out, but would cleanse it without making me break out.
Secondly, I wanted something to help protect my aging skin. No: I’m not “old,” and quite frankly, the stigma of aging in the beauty world is disgusting. However, I do believe in protecting one’s body and skin from time damage.
The Countertime Regimen seemed perfect for what I was looking for in a routine. It was cleansing, gentle, and would fight against time elements.
The Pros of the Countertime Regimen
- My skin looks brighter
- I have to be honest: my skin is legitimately brighter. I made the tragic mistake of not taking before and after pictures, but I genuinely notice a difference in the brightness of my skin since using the Countertime Regimen. My face almost looks dewy when I have no makeup on, and I’ve never had this sort of healthy looking skin before.
- My skin feels tighter
- Along with the brightness factor, my skin also feels tighter. I did not really have any wrinkles before, but now everything feels glued in place, if that makes any sense.
- It smells good
- Okay, maybe this is just a weird one for me! But hear me out: I think this line of products smell good. I hate the smell of some facial cleaners that reek of artificial scents like fruit. This just smells natural and clean. It’s definitely a distinct smell, but it’s very natural.
- It’s made with clean ingredients
- Again, this was my main reason for sticking with Beautycounter. No makeup or skincare line is absolutely perfect, but Beautycounter really comes close.
The Cons of the Countertime Regimen
- The cleansing oil is very oily
- This is honestly my biggest gripe with the regimen. Yes, I understand it’s an oil-based cleanser for a reason, but I did find myself breaking out the first few weeks that I was using the product. I actually wound up adding an additional step to this skincare routine every other day, which included a cleanser without oil to remove excess dirt on the skin.
- It’s rather expensive
- This is a weird point for me, because I definitely could have claimed that the Countertime Regimen was a cheaper option in the world of upscale skincare routines. Let’s face it: skincare is an expensive game. While this line of products is expensive by themselves, in comparison to other brands it is cheaper. It’s a double-edged sword over here.
- The packaging is not perfect
- I was actually super sad about this point because the packaging is very aesthetically pleasing. Without joking, this is the first time I don’t mind keeping my products out on the counter even when guests are visiting. The bottles are a delicate blush color with gold trim. They are super beautiful! However, the lid on my cleansing oil was broken and crooked when I opened the box. It’s been leaking a little every day, and this is not the first time I’ve had this issue with a Beautycounter product.
Overall, I’ve loved this skincare regimen. The brightness and tightness of my skin is an awesome perk, and one that I can’t pass up. I don’t even really king adding the additional cleansing step every other day.
I do want to one day try the Countercontrol Regimen Set (which is designed for oily skin) and compare the two.
If you wind up trying the Countertime Regimen, let me know how it works for you!