I have this “tradition” every year on December 31st where I go over goals and hopes for the upcoming year. I also make it a point to review the past year and reflect on what worked, what didn’t work, etc. This practice helps me gauge where my family and I are in life and how we can do better. There is an unfortunate trend in current society right now that looks down on the concept of New Year’s Resolutions and, admittedly, I felt this way for a long time.
However, I’ve changed my outlook on Resolutions. If a specific day of the year helps some people reset and change their lives for the better, who is anyone to belittle their process? Plus, we can all do better. Anyone who doesn’t think that they can be a better person in one way or another is sorely mistaken. Yes, we all try our best (and sometimes that’s good enough!) but don’t we always want to be better?
My Resolutions for the upcoming year can be summed up neatly as: being healthier, developing a practice of daily gratitude, and cutting toxicity down in my life. If it’s not making me healthy, happy, or grateful, I don’t want it. So, without further ado, here is my 2023 Reset Kit!
- Stanley’s “The Quencher” Tumbler
- I need to drink more water. Period. But in all seriousness, these Stanley tumblers are amazing because they actually fit in a car cupholder, come in amazing colors, and stay cold all day long. I wanted one for a few weeks now and my husband surprised me with one and I love it. (I severely needed this in my 2023 reset kit!)
- Ritual’s Essential Prenatal
- Before anyone asks, no, I am not pregnant! But one of my goals for 2023 is to get pregnant (and be healthier) and it’s recommended for women to be on a prenatal for at least three months prior to conceiving. I love Ritual’s Essential Prenatal because it’s clean, packed with necessary nutrients for baby and mama, and gentle on the tummy.
- Lemon juicer
- Before anyone comes for me yelling at me about how LeMoN wAtEr DoEsN’t Do AnYtHiNg, I used to believe this, too! And maybe it is a placebo effect, but about a year ago I saw a video by Mama Natural on her Instagram about feeling “gross” after eating (especially when pregnant) and a remedy she recommended was warm lemon water in the morning to kick-start the liver and gallbladder which apparently helps this “gross” feeling. I tried it and it worked for me so this is another practice I want to start consistently in the New Year.
- Yummy sparkling water
- Along with many others, I will be participating in Dry January. I usually give up alcohol during Lent, but I figured while I am starting this new health journey with a future pregnancy in mind, it’s really never too early to start. However, I am one of those people who love yummy drinks. I’ll be stocking up on all kinds of fancy sparkling water for this New Year!
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- This point should have been right under the lemon juice one, but I didn’t think that far ahead. In that same video by Mama Natural she recommended a small amount of apple cider vinegar before each meal to help with heartburn and digestion. During my first pregnancy, I suffered with heartburn so I am hoping that starting this regimen now will help later!
- Skin care (La-Roche Posay)
- I have a love/hate relationship with skin care. I love having a set routine that keeps me on track, but the trial and error of different products is so aggravating. One of my last posts was about the Merit serum and I have been loving it! In addition to that skin care step, I will be using La-Roche Posay’s gentle foaming cleanser. My dermatologist recommended this product to me and it’s been wonderful.
So, that’s it! It’s not really an extensively long list, but these are just a few of the products in my 2023 Reset Kit. What’s in yours?
I hope you have a wonderful New Year! I can’t wait to see all the blessings that 2023 brings.